Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Midsummer Nights Fling Blitz


 
Midsummer Night’s Fling by Beth Matthews
(Stage Kiss Series #1)
Publication date: June 2014
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
 
 
Synopsis:
After dating her childhood sweetheart Max on and off for years, aspiring actress Nicola Charles is finally ready to move on. It’s time for her to focus on her stage career and stay away from Max–before he can break her heart again.
Max regrets hurting Nicola, but he wants another chance. So when his play loses its leading lady, giving Nicola the part seems like the perfect opportunity to win back his old flame.
But the course of true love—and a theater production—never do run smooth. As Max fights to reignite Nicola’s love, the onstage antics can’t rival the bedlam backstage: a neurotic cast, a prickly crew, and an evil diva of a director who’s got designs on Max.
As Nicola and Max battle to keep the drama onstage, Max can’t help wondering if their romance will end with the last performance. Or have the two of them finally captured what they’ve dreamed of all their lives? True Love.
A contemporary romance that should appeal to fans of the wry humor and playful sexiness in the works of Julie James and Victoria Dahl.
 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LHDTHF8
BN: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-midsummer-nights-fling-beth-matthews/1119924812
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id898654610
Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/a-midsummer-night-s-fling
ARE: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-amidsummernight039sfling-1562514-149.html

Excerpt:
As soon as her lips touched his, Nicola knew she'd made a terrible mistake.
            But, wow, did she not give a shit.
            This kiss was an inevitability, the climax of the sexual tension that had been kindling inside her since they began the scene. Since I opened the door this afternoon and saw him. She sighed into his mouth, her eyes prickling.
            Five years. Five years and it might as well have been a second. Or a lifetime. I don't know him anymore. Didn't know what he'd done for the last few years, didn't know how he'd changed, who he was.
            And yet.
            Skin remembered skin. And her mouth opened against his with the ease of tender familiarity. She didn't really know him anymore, but her body remembered every inch of his, every touch, every breath they breathed together, every feeling.
            His mouth was soft and warm as his tongue swept into her mouth. Heat pooled between her thighs, a greedy, selfish want for all he could give her.
            Don't start this again. But she wanted to give in, to let go, to lose herself to him. I don't care. I don't care. With a small sigh, she deepened the kiss, her tongue clashing with his. Delicious friction. Primal need. Yes.
Max groaned into her mouth and pushed his body close to hers, backing her against the doorframe. Backing her up hard enough her head knocked into the doorframe.
He broke away. "Shit. I'm sorry."
"Ow?" Nicola rubbed her sore spot and shot him a laughing glance. "Boy, this really is like old times."
"Ah, intermissions." He grinned. "The one time I could kiss you as much as I wanted."
"Until you inevitably knocked me into a wall."
He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I never meant to bang you into that wall backstage."
"Old habits. Ha. Is this a kiss or a concussion?"
"Both?" He leaned toward her, so warm, so familiar.
He'll never be what you need him to be. The thought seared into her mind, sucking all the sweetness out of her surrender. She drew away, her body tingling in anticipation of the delights which would never come now.
"Nicola?"
She ducked, dodging his hands when he tried to stop her retreat. "I have to go."
 
 

AUTHOR BIO
Beth Matthews is a California girl, born and raised. She’s a total geek, a movie buff, and a mediocre swing dancer. She lives in sunny SoCal with her boyfriend and two of the neediest housecats on the planet.

Author links: 
Website: http://bethmatthewsbooks.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Matthews/244314945645273
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IAmBethMatthews
New Releases Mailing List: http://bethmatthewsbooks.us8.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=afe659016f3b2739f82f02001&id=258a959e69
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22667014-a-midsummer-night-s-fling

Author Interview:
 
Which three books would you take to a desert island and why?
Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold because that is my very favorite book. The hero Cazaril is so compassionate and witty. I reread that book at least once a year. Faking It by Jennifer Crusie, which is probably my favorite romance novel of all time. I love Tilda and Davy's banter. No one writes banter like Crusie. Lastly, I would probably take some sort of instruction manual on how to build a raft or an island survival guide. ;P
 
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Murder, She Wrote. I am addicted to that show and have seen every episode multiple times. Jessica Fletcher is my role model and I totally want to be her and have her jet-setting, fabulous authorial life when I grow up. With fewer murders and more sexytimes, of course.
 
What’s your greatest extravagance?
Hell Bunny dresses on Modcloth. I am so addicted to that website I hesitate to even link to it lest I encourage others to follow me down the rabbit hole. Modcloth has SO much cute stuff, though. Literally 90% of my wardrobe is from Modcloth.
 
What’s your most treasured possession?
My late father was a jewelry designer and he made my mom a wedding band to wear when she was pregnant with me because her finger was too big for her normal ring. I just love that I have something so beautiful that he sort of made for both of us before he passed away.
 
How do you celebrate when you finish a novel?
Sleeping. Sad but true, I usually do a mad typing spree and stay up WAY too late to finish books.
 
Have you ever used an incident from real life in one of your books?
Yes, actually, in A Midsummer Night's Fling the hero and heroine are kissing backstage and he accidentally bangs her head against the wall. My boyfriend did this to me one night when we were backstage together. And, yes, we were kissing. ;) 
 
What is your next project, and when will it be released?
Right now I'm polishing up a New Adult romance, Love's Last Call, for release later this year. It's about a dorky bouncer and the cocktail waitress he's sure is out of his league. If people want to learn more they can check out the book's info-page on my website.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment