Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Viper's Bite Cover

 
Title: The Viper’s Bite
Series: The Viper Series #3
Author: Kirsty-Anne Still
Release Date: Fall 2014
Find on
Goodreads
 
The third and final book in The Viper Series.
When a red-eyed, disheveled Joely arrives back on the doorstep of The Viper Rooms, what is The Boss to do?

Turn away a girl she once had high hopes for or give her another chance?

Having felt robbed of seeing Joely reach her full potential, Clara decides to test her once head Viper Girl, but when Joely gives Clara a chance to have what she’s wanted, The Boss is left with a tough decision.
“Clara,” I murmur, trying to find conviction in my own voice. “I want to be like you. I want to never feel love again.”
Will Clara Delvine give up the chance to have her own protégée?
And is the seduction of opportunity too much to be passed up or has she met her match?
After all, can The Boss trust her Runaway Viper?

 
“I knew I shouldn’t have trusted you. You told me you wanted to not let a man in and then I see this.” She flicks her hand at me with utter disgust and gets up and walks around the desk.
“It’s not what it looks like,” I managed to say before I can think this through.
“You look extremely happy in those photos,” Clara comments, not so easily swayed.
“That’s because he finally wanted to give it another go. Now that he thinks I’m away from you, Clara!” I heave on my exhale, allowing my shoulders to slump down with it. “I want him to see that I’m worthy of having. That he needs me.” I now get desperate, allow my every thought to flood from my soul. “I want him to crave me. I want him to think only about me. I want him to be consumed by thoughts of me.” I flash my gaze to Clara, settling myself. “Then, once he is where I want him, I want to break his heart.”
As the finale of my words fall free, I’m astounded at myself. I’ve just presented my boss with a callous plan to destroy a man, one that will never be enacted. In her mind, I’ll be emulating her, taking men’s hearts, playing with them before I place them on a shelf encased in glass jars. Except I won’t be doing anything of the sort because I’ll be loving Jace under the guise of getting him right where I want him.
“I want him to feel exactly like I did.” I ground my words with ounces of malice, impact it with hidden rage. “I want him devastated and I can’t do that unless he thinks I still love him with everything I have.”
 
Saturdays at the Viper Rooms – Released March 2014
“You and I know I can’t say no.” I swallow my fear and allow my eyes to fall down to his chest, I can’t look at him. “And I can’t lose you.”
Joely Gilbert, one of two head Viper Girls for the club, strives to maintain a double life both full of deceit, betrayal, sex, lust, and fear. She knows the rules of the club and the way the boss works like no other, but she is the one breaking everything she knows in order to keep the new life she has. After running from her past, she’ll do anything to stay away from it. It’s what makes her perfect for the job. It’s what makes her normal.
Everyone has a story when they arrive at the doors of The Viper Rooms.

It’s this that binds clients and Viper Girls together. Each want to forget, each want something to remember, to feel, to lust over. The Viper Rooms gives the exclusive a time in their life to get the things they need from a club devoted solely to them. No strings attached, no questions asked. But what lies beneath the surface can’t always be stopped. It can’t be silenced forever.

And Joely’s one of the girls who knows that more than anyone else.
What happens when her facade starts to break? What would Joely rather give up; the man who wants to save her, but could die trying, or the life that could ultimately kill her?
_________________________________________________
 
The Runaway Viper – Released July 2014
Having already broken rule number one of Clara Delvine’s rules, Joely Gilbert knows she is past the point of no return. After defying all of the orders Delvine lives by, Joely believes becoming the first runaway Viper Girl is all too good to be true.
However, remaining uncaught for months, Joely gives into the life she’s been searching for – the man she wants, the house she dreamt of, the love she cherishes.

But how long can you outrun the devil when she’s after blood?

After all, Delvine never loses a girl, and she’ll do anything to make sure she has Joely back to finish her contractual obligations.

What happens when Joely’s left with the biggest decision of her life, the decision that was always hers to make – kill her heart or kill the man she loves.

Clara will make sure Joely never strays from The Viper Rooms – ever again.

But can The Boss tame a runaway viper?

I used to be just another Fanfiction writer! That was until one person showed real interest in my work. And then another, and then another, until I had this whole group of people reviewing like crazy and wanting original work from me. I’d spent years writing for free online, I didn’t believe I had it in me to publish something!
But I’m glad I did!! I never imagined pushing my work and striving to reach my ultimate. I never imagined I’d be the girl who started The Viper Rooms! But who am I to deny the inspiration when it hits?

I love writing, it’s a lifeline. I love creating a world that others fall into. I love having the control to make a whole new world. It’s like a dependency, an addictive one. It’s one of the things I’m extremely proud of.

As much as I complain, I love the mini dialogues that go on in my head, the plotlines that attack me when I least expect them to. The ones that jump to life at the most inappropriate times and drive me totally crazy!

For now I split my life between writing, dreaming, working, and volunteering with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment